Parents and Friends Executive Committee
President – Michael Lucas
Vice President – Dominique Coombs
Secretary – Karishma Reynolds
Treasurer – Linda Cawley
Parents and Friends Meetings take place at 2pm in the Staff Room
- Friday 10th February, 2017
- Friday 24th March, 2017
- Friday 12th May, 2017
- Friday 23rd June, 2017
- Friday 4th August, 2017
- Friday 15th September, 2017
- Friday 27th October, 2017
- Friday 8th December, 2017 – AGM
Agendas can be found under Events in SS just prior to meetings.
Among the many things we pride ourselves on at Burnside Primary School is the commitment and dedication from our parents. We have a strong and active Parent & Friends’ Association (P&F), and the more people become involved, the stronger our community becomes.
All parents of students at Burnside Primary School are automatically members of the P&F. As a part of the P&F you have the opportunity to gain an informed and educated insight into the running of the school and contribute to its overall future development.
At the AGM, the P&F elects an Executive Committee consisting of a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The AGM is held at the final meeting of each year.
All parents are committee members and we love to see you at the meetings, which are held twice a term, generally in the staff room. The meetings aim to draw together individuals from the school community, to form an enthusiastic and coherent team. Minutes of the meetings are distributed via email by the Secretary.
The Principal usually attends the P&F meetings and provides a report relating to school issues. There is also a chance for open discussion and questions or concerns you may have regarding any issues that affect students and their educational experience at Burnside Primary School.
Class Parent Representative Role
At the beginning of your child’s school year one or more parent representatives are selected from each class. Parent representatives are encouraged to attend the P&F meetings to facilitate a point of contact between the school and the other parents in the class.
Some of the other roles of the parent representatives include:
- Organising class contact lists for distribution amongst parents.
- Organising social gatherings for the class, e.g. coffee mornings, dinners and gatherings in the park.
- Coordinating the running of a class stall or activity for the school fair which is held alternate years.
- Coordinating assistance from parents in the class for the many P&F events, e.g. Fun-run-a-thon, Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day stall, and Sports Day Morning Tea.
- Sharing information from P&F meetings with parents in the class.